Food and Beverage Coordinator Full-time JobJan 25th, 2023 at 16:36 Facilities Management Dubai 32 views Reference: 2695
Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair Hotel is a 620-room-and-suite upper upscale property. Catering for both business and leisure clientele. The hotel is located in Deira in the heart of Dubai and within easy reach of major tourist landmarks, leisure destinations and city services. It is linked to the Al Ghurair Shopping Centre, only 3 stops away on the Dubai Metro from the Dubai World Trade Centre and a 10 minute drive from Dubai International Airport.
Food and Beverage Coordinator
Passionate about the Food & Beverage, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our food & beverage experience. As a Food & Beverage Coordinator, you will efficiently coordinate the Departmental Communication and the organization in the Food & Beverage department.
What’s in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Promote a helpful and professional image of the Food and Beverage Department to the client and give full co-operation to any costumer requiring assistance with a prompt, caring and helpful attitude
- Prioritize duties and perform accordingly, ensure Guest requirements and urgent correspondence is handled immediately with speed and efficiency
- Maintain a systematic and organized filing system and regularly check, update and reorganize cabinets when required
- Prepare photocopies, courier services of documents and parcels for the hotel guests
- Procurement of office stationeries and coordination of maintenance for office facilities
- Maintain all business machines in the department
- Maintain an updated and efficient filing system of all of hard copy files as well as the shared drive for the Department
- Maintain an update calendar for the Food & beverage Manager and assist as requested
- To perform all secretariat duties, such as : dictating, Drafting, incoming and outgoing letters
- Computerization of all the Staff list. vacation plan, personnel references
- To keep confidential all sensitive issue ( staff, salary, warning, special project )
- Attends and participates in the formal training held by manpower or outlets in regard to Food and Beverage service standard quality expectation and future career development
- Coordinates functions and activities with other departments and other sections within the Food and Beverage Department
- Receiving and processing guest reservations as appropriate
- Receiving and processing guest / group inquires as appropriate
- Track, maintain stock and issue stock of F&B related collaterals in the department, report deficiencies
- Track, maintain stock and issue stock of F&B menu insets to sub departments, report deficiencies
- Track & spot check that guest prints used in the sub departments are maintained as per standards, report deficiencies
- Track and assure that department competition check records are up to date, report deficiencies
- Upkeep department internal auditing records (outlet self-audit)
- Maintain departmental colleague files
- Assist the team on floor in day to day operations if required.
Your experience and skills include:
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Experience in the field is a strong asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Rotana currently manages a portfolio of over 100 properties throughout the Middle East, Africa, Eastern Europe and Türkiye offering a wide range of services and products through its 5 sub brands; Rotana Hotels & Resorts for the 4 and 5 star properties, Arjaan Hotel Apartments for the long term stays, Rayhaan Hotels & Resorts, Rotanas alcohol free 4 and 5 star properties, Centro Hotels, a 3 star plus affordable lifestyle brand, Edge by Rotana our collection of independent hotels and The Residences by Rotana, a brand developed for guests that are looking for a permanent home.
If you are interested to join Rotana, kindly log on to www.rotanacareers.com and proceed with the online application and our Human Resources Team will look into your respective application.