Commis I (BUTCHERY) Full-time JobJan 25th, 2023 at 16:31 Customer Service Dubai 9 views Reference: 2691
To supervise the assigned station / section, produce a consistent, high quality product, ensure a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts Standards Policies & Procedures in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & organizing:
- The ability to make requisitions of all items needed for the next day, with the assistance of the chef de partie or senior chef on duty.
- The ability to prioritise, plan and organise your daily tasks in order to ensure on time delivery as required.
- The ability to follow instruction and work closely with the senior chef, executive sous chef and executive chef.
- The ability to work closely with the Chef de Partie or senior chef in preparing mise en place.
- The ability to work as directed on station of assignment under the appropriate Chef De Partie or senior chef.
- To report in the kitchen at your station at scheduled times regardless of beginning off shift or returning from meal break.
- To wear uniforms according to Mövenpick standards.
- The ability to work closely with standard recipes, photos and plate presentations in order to maintain quality standards and presentation in accordance with Mövenpick established guidelines and standards
- The ability to work neatly and clean; keeping all work areas and refrigerators organized and in accordance with sanitary requirements. “first in first out” & “if you make the mess, you clean it up”
- The ability to follow HACCP guidelines and municipality regulations at all times.
- The ability to follow clean as you go policy and keep work area clean at all times.
- The ability to taste and season the food appropriately and to ensure it is well presented and of the standard and quality required before serving it to the guest.
- The ability and desire to proactively learn, test and sample (eat) all world cuisines by whatever means possible whether through hotel programs and training or self-taught research and development.
- The ability to keep waste to a minimum and work in a proactive manner to assist in meeting budgeted food cost levels
- The ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with fellow employees
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff
- The ability to leave enough mise en place for the next shift and utilize formalized production lists and following a shift-handover sop
- The ability to accommodate all food server's requests when possible regarding guest's dietary requirements, personal preference and requests
- The ability to handle and rotate food according to established procedures.
- The ability to maintain the work area and equipment in a safe and sanitary manner.
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude and a professional disposition.
- The ability to maintain a full line of communication with supervisors and fellow workers and all hotel associates.
- The ability to prepare and plate items (food orders) received from F&B staff regardless of hand-written or computer printed media in a timely and accurate manner.
- The ability to check and complete mise en place pars in setting up the station.
- The ability to turn off all equipment ensuring no safety hazard has been left behind
- The ability to set up station properly and on time for each service period.
- The ability to make sure all food is prepared by recipes designated by the chef de cuisine or senior chef.
- The ability to make sure quality and quantity meets our standard.
- The ability to notify chef de cuisine or senior chef of any problems or complaints as when they arise.
- The ability to not leave your section without doing the final check.
- The ability to be able to work in another area when needed and take part in cross training when directed.
- The ability to be able to assist in same day preparation and advance preparation for another station as instructed by the supervisor
- The ability to all food items for storage must be covered, dated and labelled according established guidelines, standards and checklists.
- The ability to be able to work unsupervised.
- The ability to be able to be flexible to the business demands and working hours.
- The ability to; throughout the working day switch off and clean oven tops, kitchen equipment and work areas as well as all work surfaces.
- The ability to be able to assist and direct the stewards with the daily cleaning tasks.
- Breaks and meals, as laid down in the LSOP. 2 x 15 min. And 1 x 30 min. For lunch and dinner, depending on hours of work
- Follow all kitchen regulations as outlined and directed
- Swipe in and out has to be done in uniform, not before getting changed.
- The ability to display an interest in all kitchen and hotel activities and help colleagues when and where ever possible
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to be able to come to any and all kitchen meetings whilst on duty or otherwise.
- The ability to sign acceptance for tools, knives, uniforms etc. And will pay back to the company for any loss or damage of said equipment.
- Fill out the appropriate log sheets according our standard on a daily base
- Be aware of accident prevention and help enforce safe work habits – zero accidents is our goal.
- No employee to be on the property after working hours without signed authorisation from a manager except for meals in the staff cafeteria
- Overtime will be approved on business demands by the chef de cuisine or executive chef
- Any violation of the above mentioned rules will be subject to disciplinary action.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Heartists Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.